Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Antisocial disease!!

I am not very good at updating this blog. Maybe its because I was never very good at keeping a journal as a young girl. I often think of what to say on this blog..funny things I want to share. Sad things I think about. I would love to share the Lord with my readers..lol..I dont really have "readers", or not many anyway.
I know when things are not going so well, more people read what is before them. It is human nature I guess. For me, it is an opportunity to pray specifically for someone/something, but also to see how they are doing and offer encouragement.

There are so many things going on with my youngest child, Cheyenne, right now. She is getting sick again. The doctor put her on an oral antibiotic..three times a day until we go to "club med" on March 15th. Right after she is dicharged from the hospital,  a million  45 miles from us, she will go back to St. Louis for treatment again. The local doc, is contacting Cincinnati Children's Hospital to see if there is a surgeon there that can fix the problem with her bronchi instead of just temporarily repairing it..which is causing more damage to other areas. Its enough going into the hospital every three months for a tune up, without having to do the other trips to the hospital too.

I am just rambling, really. It is so hard raising a terminally/chronically ill child. I feel alone most of the time. The only support I/we get is from others that are going through the same thing but not really from family. I dont feel like we get much support from the foundation either. We dont raise enough money, or not rich enough ourselves...we just arent in the clique.

I hate cancer with a passion..it took my sister from me...I have wonderful friends suffering with/because of cancer. There are children everywhere suffering with cancer...dying from cancer. I hate it for them...I really do. If there is ever a good thing associated with a disease...at least they have support groups. They have awareness. They have each other.

Cystic Fibrosis is an antisocial disease. I dont mean that to be funny, but its true. Unless you are in the same boat, you have no clue what I mean. Because of cross contamination, Cysters and Fibros cant be together. My best friend has a daughter with CF. We cant shouldnt get together because of the risk of cross contamination to the girls. They have so much in common besides CF, but because of CF, they cant get together.

I am sorry to be Debbie Downer...I am just down today!!

1 comment:

Michelle Riggs said...

I have so much to learn about this disease. I had no idea that you needed to be so careful.


Abby's sweat test was 66 and her lungs were filled with thick mucus. Yuck. There is a tiny glimmer of hope in that one of her medications might have caused the elevation but I doubt that is it. So many of the symptoms fit perfectly.

Any thoughts?

Powered By Blogger

Followers

Blog Archive